Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving week- last week's email

Hi!! This week has been a little crazy, so I havent been writing many letters to anyone.

Ok, this week was super hard. We've been walking around, talking to everyone, knocking on doors, doing everything we possibly can to try and find people and nobody is interested. In my patriarchal blessing it tells me that I will be praying and searching for people to teach, because we cant find anyone. I will be wondering where these people that the Lord had prepared are. Inspired. Its totally true. NOBODY wants to talk about religion here. Noone cares. We've been working hard and doing all we can but no baptisms. We'll find them, though. They are out there, we just need to look in the right places. Pray for us to find people, will you?

So they are splitting the area. Fun. Its super complicated right now. They are still working on the line for the new sisters and trying to figure out the cars. We have a car right now, but we are the only elders in the district with one. We have to drive everyone else around give people rides. They are probably going to have to move us to bike though, so that the sisters dont have to. But if we go to bike we wont be able to give anyone else a ride. We wont to zone activities and it will complicate things a ton. But we will deal with whatever happens. I like bike.

Mom! I dont know what to write!
I love Hansen. He's the best! He is a great example to me and he is a very good missionary. Transfers are this next week and I think we're both staying. They usually keep trainer and greenie together until you're done training. But Im sure he's going to be made Zone leader or AP pretty soon. He is one of the most loved and popular missionaries in the mission and Pres loves him. Not that its all based on that. Its a calling, but if it wasnt...

Alright. So I told you that I didnt sing much. That is true, but I meant that I dont really perform at all. We sing in the car and a tiny bit at home, but not much else. And I have no problem singing with Hansen. He sings with me most of the time. Or sings by himself. He's actually really good. We just have very different styles of music. He likes folk and stuff and I like classical. He used to sing and play in coffee shopps back at home. Anyway. When we spoke at church he started off his talk by telling the whole ward that I love to sing and inviting them to force me to sing for them any time and place. "He loves it and would be happy to do it for you any time you'd like!:D" I thought I was going to kill him and wet myself for laughing so hard. It was just so unexpected. That was last week. two weeks ago. I dont really remember. But this sunday I got asked to sing at two different ward parties. One for this old group and another one other one. I dont remember. I have to talk to that woman again. It wasnt set in stone. But ya. I will be singing quite often for the holidays. I also was asked to go with the elders quorum to go caroling. Hansen will get to play all he wants. Im actually kind of happy. Ill have an excuse to practice at home. Cool. It will be cool. Ill tell you about that.

Ya, not much else going on. We had almost every dinner forget about us this week. Some just brought us pizza and some just gave us money to go buy food. Thats how its going to happen tonight. Which isnt really that bad, because we then get to choose anything we want. Which is usually pizza anyway. Whatevs.

Megan brower had her primary class write me a bunch of letters. That was cool. It was last week, but I wrote them all back this week. It was kind of cool to have all of these little kids write me. Apparently all of the girls thought I was really cute and asked megan for a bunch of pictures. I would be really excited about that if they werent nine. You know.

So I wrote about it to preston a little bit. There is a family in our ward named the c's. There are five boys. They grew up here. They all went to school other places, but moved back to be in their ward. Its the coolest! Its like the Sharp boys grew up and were all in RC2. Crazy! They all have high callings. Bishopric, HIgh councel, Elders quorum pres, stuff like that. Their family like....holds the ward together. They make it up. Anyway, being around them makes me have so much love for my brothers. I am SOOO excited for when we all have our own families and start doing our own thing!! Its going to be the best!! Im so stoked for that!!

OK! Got to go. Love you!!!! I miss you!!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment