Wednesday, December 18, 2013

HELLo Dear Family!!
This week has been hard too:) But SOOO good. It started off with zone conference. Great experience. We talked about the work, how we need more baptisms, how to get more baptisms, and the pleasure of being able to represent Christ this season. Really good stuff. I learned a lot and it was a joy being able to see all of my MTC friends, Sis Johnson, and Eld. Cummings. Love them! (we took pictures of our zones and Sister Hall put them on.... this. www.kenanddi.blogspot.com also, you should have gotten a picture from sister Johnson of her and I.) Ya, that was really good.
I got tons of fantastic letters this week! Thank you to everyone who sent them. Especially Gail! She sent me the greatest two letters! Letters are the GREATEST!! Im sorry I havent been sending any. I've realized that Im really not supposed to be writing any other day than Pday. If Im going to record any of this it needs to be in a journal. The time at night is set apart specifically for doing that. So even though I really do love writing letters, I need to be spending that time studying the material. PMG and the BoM. Greatest things on earth! But yes, letters are the greatest!
We spent a lot of time this week driving Elders around to fix bikes. Elder Bertoch's bike got stripped, so we went back and forth to the bike shop like three different times. Im kind of sick of that place. We also went around giving blessings to the sisters. I think I gave... four this week. Im not sure if I like doing it. I love the experience of completely relying on the spirit, but every time I do it I get super dizzy from closing my eyes and trying to focus too hard. Its funny. The rest of the week was spent finding. FINDING FINDING FINDING!!!! I feel like thats all we do. BUT thats what it takes. So we will do it. We talk to people all day. Knock doors, walk streets, stop people while going 20mph on a bike to tell them about the church. Its fun. And really, really hard. 
Its been quite hard. The last week and a half we had all three of the solid investigators drop us. In some way. We had to give J to Van Nuys, the Cs are breaking up (that is really hard and I wanted to cry for them when I heard), and O told us that she would be a bad Mormon, so we probably should come over anymore (for her that means that she really doesnt want this.) Also, (this makes me happy and sad at the same time.) we spend all day.....Wednesday?? ya. finding the most SOLID referrals. We talked to like four different people that were SUPER interested, but they all lived in different areas. Except for the spanish couple that we met. They live in Tarzana, but they speak spanish. So ya... It made me really happy to have people accept our message and actually be interested in what we had to say, but ticked because none of them live here. Whatevs!:)
I did an exchange with Elder Chandler on Friday and Saturday. SOOO GOOOD!!! He is probably my favorite missionary in the mission! (Obviously my all time favorite missionary is in Spain) He was SO good! I learned a TON! He taught me all kinds of stuff about studying, finding, teaching, getting into a door and changing the approach to every individual by CAREFULLY listening to the spirit! I hope SOOO much that I get to be his companion some day! He is a fantastic Zone leader, too! Really good at teaching. He challenged me to do a bunch of stuff and I've changed a lot already. Super cool stuff! #loveElderChandler
We ate dinner last night with the Cs again. They are the greatest family EVER!  We had REALLY fantastic steak. so good. I just love being around them. They're all super funny and enjoyable. Great members of the Chuch, too. They pretty much run the ward. Great stuff.
I LOVED the emails that I got from the family. Dad's-great! Brigs-awesome! Preston's-I was trying not to cry! Actually I was trying not to cry with all of them! They made me SOOO happy!  I LOVED Brig's letter. It was soo funny! and touching! I miss him SOOO much! HA!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! A W! PRIME!! That makes me SOOO happy! Talk about best in-laws EVER!!! They are such an amazing family!!! I LOVE E. But Preston was right. Be careful with this girl. Treat her right. DO NOT screw this up.  SOO nice!!! I hope this dinner goes well!! Earn a ton of money!! AND THE PLAY!! How sweet!!! I knew it would happen sooner or later! It makes me soo happy! and SOOOOO proud! I would absolutely LOVE to see him perform! Do you have a hard part?? High notes?? Who is your....partner?? The opposite role?? Is it A? Have you actually hung out with the twins yet? Walker or Wimmer? They are really good friends. Great examples. Im So happy that you've finally found real friends! Other than your brothers, Who are the only friends, really.
  ........What else. I dont really remember. I have no time. We didnt get here until 2:00, So I've only had a little time on here. OH!! I've been singing all over the place. Im singing twice this week and Im singing in church next week. Great stuff. Im actually really excited for it.
anyway. BYE! LOVe you!! I miss YOU!! ONly 9 days!!!!!!!! YEAHUHHHH!!!!!

Spencer and Trina Johnson.  They were good friends at Northstar.  She just arrived in the mission.  

No comments:

Post a Comment