Monday, December 2, 2013

Can't Get Rid of the Box?

Okay. HI!
 
So to start off, I need to clear some things up.
 
I am NOT struggling NEARLY as bad as everyone seems to think. I have gotten emails and letters from everyone I know telling me that its okay and trying to comfort me.
I appreciate that and its super nice of everyone, but I think I'm sending you the wrong message. I do miss home. A lot. But its not as bad as I've made it sound.  I've missed home, but it's okay. Every missionary goes through it at different times in their mission, right?
 
Alright. So! This week was the worst week we've had so far as far as numbers go. We found very few potentials. We've been trying to set a goal every day of talking to 50 people and we hit it every day this week. We've been working our tails off and there has been very little reward.  

We did find a new investigator the first day we started that goal, but we're not sure how promising she is. Im hoping and praying that she'll get baptized, but its not completely up to my faith. Whatevs. We've been working really hard, so someone will come soon enough. Maybe the blessing is from the new sisters. Im SOOO excited for that! They're going to be so good!!
We have done SOO much for them! We went and moved them in, we redid the ENTIRE area book for them and the ward list, we have been finding meals for them, tracting only in there area so that they'll have people to teach. A lot. So we're excited for them to actually get here. The ward can't wait. The bishop about died when he found out they were coming. He's happy. Sisters always bring success and a ward with both is even better. Im happy about it. AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We get to keep the car!!  Great huh? They found one for the sisters. HOOORAHHH!!
 
Thanksgiving was good. Not even close to a sharp thanksgiving, but still good. We ate at the c's. They totally remind me of my family.  I love them. They're great! I like each one of the brothers. One is the most pretty boy man I have ever seen. That means something for me to say that. (being a pretty boy myself.)
 
We moved like three different people this week. It was a bust. We had to move a freaking PIANO up three flights of stairs. I hurt my back and hansen got stabbed by the railing. I was SOO mad. Who brings a piano from new york to put in a third story apartment?! Seriously?  Thats. all.
 
Other than that its been a good week. Hard. and really unsuccessful, but really good. We're REALLY excited about this next transfer. Its going to be SOO good!
 
OH YA! THE TEMPLE!!!!!! I wrote Lauri about it but I guess I should write about it. It was the largest and most beautiful temple I've ever been through. There were like.... five different rooms!! So cool! I loved it! We took a few pictures out front.   I loved it. It changed the whole experience for me to be in a different temple. Ya. I learned a lot. Especially being there with elder Hansen.  He answered a lot of questions that I had. He also showed me the scriptures I can look at to learn anything I want to about it. I LOVE my companion. I honestly think Father found the one person who could help fill the gap from my lack of brothers. Its nice. I am going to hate my life after this transfer is over.  
 
Okay. I have to go. I love you! I miss you and pray for you ALL the time.

Elder Sharp 2

No comments:

Post a Comment