Monday, December 9, 2013

Do I Share?

Eyow yady.
So I sent you a very long letter today. Really long. It explains everything for the past little while. Hmmmmm.. I'm doing very well. This week was hard, but good. Had a lot going on. It was transfer week. LOVED it! Our new district is super cool. The old one was good, but I think this one will be better. I really don't want to waste time retelling you all of this stuff. I like the sisters. They are really cool.  This is going to be a very short email.
What else.... Ok. I'll talk about J. SO after I went through the temple and decided to be better, we had a District meeting. In it they talked about setting goals of the amount of people that you talk to every day. Hansen and I decided to do that. We talked to like at least 50 every day. NO one said yes, and we didn't really see immediate blessing as far as new people, but they did come. I found out that blessings come in the strangest ways. We have been teaching this less active member for a while. Sister N. She is like 65 and lives with her 93 year old mother. Her mother is really hard to take care of, so they hire a caretaker. Her name is J. J is about 30, she's got three kids. A few days after we started making those goals, we went to a lesson with sis N. and J was there. We weren't expecting it. So we taught her the lesson and set another one. We all felt the spirit in the first one, but couldn't tell if she did. The second lesson was amazing. We taught the atonement. She was crying the whole time. It was really good. I was crying too. The spirit was super strong. We knew she was going through a bunch of stuff , and at the end of the lesson I had a feeling that she needed a blessing. I kind of shrugged it off. I did, but didn't. I think I felt nervous about it. So I looked at Hansen and he raised his eyebrows..."Priesthood Blessing...?" he mouthed. I was like......WHHAAAAAAAAATTTT?!??!?!? NO WAY!!!!!!!!! (in my head of course). So I asked her. She said yes. I gave it. It felt SO great. We left and had a great day. The next time we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It went really well. We talked about the spirit, describing it to her and asked her if she had ever felt something like that. She said that she had. Right then and there, Hansen asks her to be baptized. Again I was like.....WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!!!!??? She said YES!!! BAPTISM!!!!!!! WOOOT WOOT!!! (norwegian cheer!) (however on earth you spell that). But ya. We found out that she lives in Van Nuys. So in the same lesson we invited her to church over there and handed her over to the Van Nuys elders. We were SOOOO sad. But we're over it. She is still coming to Christ. It doesn't matter where. AND!!!! I'm still going to have a baptism here! We just need to find another person to baptize. Whatevs.
Ya, I don't really know what else to talk about. Ok. Last night we all went to the Christmas devotional at the Stake Center. I really liked it. Elder Nielson's talk was $$!!  Ya, before that we had an hour long musical program by the youth from the stake. It was hilarious. They sounded....wonderful. some of the funniest songs I've ever heard with a bunch of awkward tone-deaf youth performing it. SOOO funny. We showed up for that right on time, but it was completely full. We had to set up chairs for the first 10 mins. We were crammed in the very back against the big portable wall/divider thing, sitting in the founding chairs. (our ward would fill their stake center three times. Crazy small.) All of the missionaries sat in the very back. This family sat right in front us. This little girl sat in front of me. About 10. Bigger. Anyway. Halfway through the program she leans forward and rips hard core! She sits up and EVERYONE looks at her. I was leaning forward with my face about a foot from her rear. She farts, I jerk back and smack my head against the hollow wall which makes this HUGE sound which stops the choir (only for about a second) and all the other heads who weren't already looking turned. Well, all of the missionaries are giving it everything they have not to bust out laughing and I'm pretty sure Hansen wet himself. I was trying SOOO hard not to laugh. This struggle for composure lasted about 5 minutes, until the little girl herself couldn't hold it any more and started laughing out loud.  Her parents started laughing and we all just broke down. It was ROUGH. But probably the funniest thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. LOVED IT.
Ok. I'm going to go. Love YOU!! I miss you!
Elder Sharp #2




Does this mean what I think it means?  

1 comment: