Tuesday, October 29, 2013

He's a Fireball

(I waited all day to get an email from Spencer.  Finally I got one that said, "I like pickles."  Will got one that said "meow".  That was it- that was all they said.  We were like????  Apparently that is what missionaries do when one of them walk away from their computers and leave their email open.  Fun.  :)  So he's in Reseda.  Like... Karate Kid.  Made me laugh.)  

I am so sorry. I opened my email and went to the bathroom with hansen. The other missionaries are super mature. stupid kids.
HI!!:D Holy Cow! this week has been crazy! We are both new to the area, so we know absolutely no one. We had no lessons, no contacts or referals. We've basically just been finding this entire time. Nuts. Ya, I got here, met the Pres. and sister Hall, they took us to a stake center to eat and to figure everything out. We went to a hotel and stayed the night. When we got up the next morning they took us the same building where we had transfer meeting (I saw elder Thornley, Cummings, and Chandler!!)(palakiko). That was really cool. I was assigned to Elder Spencer Hansen. To serve in Reseda zone, in the Tarzana area. We took pictures, got in our car and went to our appartment. I cant even explain how disgusting it was. I spent about 6 hours cleaning the place. Horrible.
 Right when we got there we got a call from the ward mission leader. He took us to dinner and talked to us about the ward. He is super in your face, my way or no way, and intense. I dont really like him. Plus,....how do you say it. His eyes go in different directions. With some people its not that bad, but I got a really bad headache from trying to figure out which eye was looking at me. It was bad. Ya, he's a fireball.
But we've been trying to find people the rest of the time. Contacting inactives and getting referals. This place is hot, ugly, Dirty, mean and to be quite honest...I really hate it. Its like throwing a couple trees in down town Pheonix. Everyone hates you, some people try to hit you with their cars. Its mean. I will never live here after my mission. ya.... My compa... He's nuts. I love him to death. I wrote Kenna a letter and said, "He's a perfect mix of Ben, Preston, Curtis, and Mr. Mitchell." thats pretty acurate. He's a hipster. Plays soccer, works out, plays the guitar, He's 5'6. He's from West Jordan and he'll be twenty next month. (That means we get to go to the temple!!) I love him to death. It's totally obvious that President Hall was lead by the spirit when he made that assignment. He likes me to call him top gun and he calls me mamma wolf. (Brigham, Look up that song. Mamma Wolf by Devendra Banhart. I would totally do it, but I kind of cant.) Sooo stupid, but he's hilarious!! I love the guy. The rest of the missionaries are really weird. Like..WEIRD. Almost all of the elders are socially awkward to some extent.
    Anyway. Today is P-day. We went shopping. I flipping hate it. I miss my mothers home cooked meals and free food!! Best! I had to pay a ton of money for food because in California EVERYHTING is expensive!! I hate IT!! We had to wait forever for the sisters to email. They take a long time. So I bought a zoo. Just kidding!! I bought a bike. But I could have bought a zoo with the amount of money I payed for it. Stupid thing. I love it, though. Its a fixie. A phat. CRAP! I forgot to take a picture!! Its a beauty!! It hurts to ride it, though. Hurts so good, you know? We have a car, but its a lot easier to find people while youre around on a bike. So we'll drive somewhere and park, take our bikes and go. I love doing that.
How is Brigham? I hope things have gotten better with him.  I miss him so much. The homesickness is only getting worse. Clayton is going to be the most attractive kid ever! Babe!! I hope he gets them off before I get home. Holy crud. thats such a long time. Anyway, those pictures were great!! I miss the boys like crazy. I get the same physical pain that told you about earlier. Where my stomach hurts way bad any time I think of them. Only its different. I know I'll be able to see them for the rest of my life. But its getting worse as time goes on. Whatever. I can deal with it. 
Im so sorry about Dad's job. I know He'll be fine, but its still hard. Hes such an amazing man. I dont really know whats going on with you, Mother. You should include more of whats going on in your life. Im rather interested in that. 
   The packages werent very helpful in the MTC, but they would be wonderful now. just like the ones from last week. Beautiful. I dont want a blanket!! Its way too hot for that!! Please dont bother! I wish I had more time. I love you so much!! I pray for you all the time!! I hope preston is doing better!! I miss him so much. I miss you all!
Elder Sharp




These are pictures taken at the MTC- I assume.


No comments:

Post a Comment