Friday, October 11, 2013

First Letter Home!!


So we weren't expecting Spence to email home until about Monday or Tuesday.  I was thrilled when I got this today.  I did send him a letter through Dear Elder that he should get today, but it wouldn't have gotten to him until this afternoon, after he sent this.  Bummer!!  If I had known his Pday was today, I would have for sure sent an email as well.

HI!!! Just to let you know. I really dont want to take up time with writing about what I'm learning yet. We got enough of that with Preston. But I'm learning a TON!!!
    Alright, my companion. Let me just say that clayton was SPOT ON!! He is amazing, though! I love him already and I'm really sad that we're not going to be comps when we get to the valley. The other Elders in my District are great too. Elder Martin is a lot like me. We get along really well. I really hope to serve with him someday. The other is Elder Bagley. He's really quiet, keeps to himself a lot. He is a cowboy and the only other Elder from Utah. There is so much I want to say but Elder Loshbaugh is right next to me and I am super slow at this. The food stinks, both when it goes in and much, much worse when it comes out. The teachers are all fantastic. I get along with them really well.  
   We met with President Stice last night. He is one of the scariest men I have EVER met! Super intimidating. For some reason he decided to call Elder Loshbaugh and Myself to be the Zone leaders... ya. I barely know whats going on anyway and now I have to be in charge of thirty people. I'm a little stressed out right now. He talked to us last night for like two hours about being a good missionary. How in his branch he wont let any missionaries be anything but exceptional. He is really intense. 
     Ok, whats the deal? I thought you would have emailed me by know to ask me how it was; just in case my Pday was a thursday. Kenna sent me an email, whats the deal with my family?? I need to know what you want to know. Send me questions like you said you were going to. 
   I should probably tell you that I am happy. I have never smiled so much in my life. I go around talking to everyone I can. I'm nice and obliging and nothing like my usual self. Its like the MTC brings all of your good qualities out and subdues all of your bad ones. I'm cleaner, I compliment people, I am very confident. Maybe its some of the effects of working with the spirit so much. I havent been able to cry or even get depressed about missing home. I don't have time to. They stuff your schedule so full of things that you have no time to think about anything but what they're teaching you an how you feel about it. And to try and figure out what the spirit is telling you to do. But I do miss you a lot. A lot. I just cant stand to think about it, so I dont and when I do it just bothers me so I decide not to. I dont know how to explain it. Im still struggling with articulation. 
    So I'm singing already. Loshbaugh plays the piano quite well and he's is playing for some sister and I who will be singing "Come Thou Fount." I love it, but its not like singing with anyone at home. They have nice voices and sound pretty, but they don't sound like Allie or Brianna. Its hard to settle when you're used to having the best. I miss singing a TON!! I'm seriously struggling with that. I want to bust out in Phantom or Love Never Dies, but I cant because its not in the white bible. Its bugging me. 
   Things I need or forgot: letters(they really are pure gold here), my retainers, a big warm blanket (but only when I get to the Valley), maybe a new watch because this one is staight up crap, .... oh! an address book!! I want to write people but I have no idea where to send letters. I need home addresses and email addresses. theyre super important. Have Brig ask all of my friends for both. Anyone he thinks I'd like to write. This REALLY matters to me!!! 
   Ok, I'm out of time. I miss you all so much! I love you!! GOD LIVES!!! Bye!

PS, Did we trash riverton? How did that go? How is everyone? Tell me everything! Ill get you a ton of pictures next week. Everyone is trying to figure out how to do it on these computers. I'll try and take a lot.

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome Spencer! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that boy!

    "The food stinks, both when it goes in and much, much worse when it comes out" haha thanks for sharing Spence

    ReplyDelete