Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Little Trunky

Spencer didn't send an actual email this last Monday- we just emailed back and forth for a short amount of time.  He has sent home several letters already telling me how much he prefers to write his letters instead of using email.  Only Spence.  Here is a sample of what we talked about on Monday through the emails.

My questions:

1- did you get my letter?  The one with the typed letter I sent Preston and his reply?  If so, when did you get it?  

2- what is the name of your ward?  (the one you're serving in)  If I send a package with dad or someone from the ward here, we need to know what ward to get a hold of to leave it with someone there.  (for you)  

3- how much did you pay for your bike?  Are you using your JCU debit card or are  you using the card they gave you in the MTC?  (I wasn't sure how that one worked.)  And do you ever drive or just your comp?  

4- What are your rules about music you can listen to?  Would you like me to send you anything from the 'approved' list?  I'd be happy to track music down for you and send it.  

5- Did you ever send off those thank-you cards?  

6- When you say food is so much more expensive there, do you think maybe you just didn't realize how expensive it is here?  :)  I didn't notice it was that much more when we were in Oceanside.  Maybe a little.  

7- What have you been eating?  Do you have to feed yourselves often, or mostly just lunch time and stuff?  

8- What is your ward like?  How many missionaries are serving in the ward you're in?  Do you have four missionaries living in your apartment or two?  

9- Do you get your mail everyday?  (like, from the mailbox at the apartment?)


His responses:

1. Yes, I got it Saturday. I think.
2. It's the Tarzana Ward.
3. I payed $450. Helmet and lights included. No, Im using the debit card they gave me when I got to the Valley. I bought the bike with my Jordan card. And no, Hansen drives. I drove once, but only because he let me.
4. Its up to Hansen and I. Anything that we feel fits the missionary handbook. Pres is all about personal accountability. Hansen listens to "the lower lights" and I really like them. I want the soundtrack to sons of provo. cleveland has that. and I really like motab.
5. Im almost done with those......sorry:)
6. It is more, but I am a little shocked about how expensive food is. 
7. We get fed by members every night. I love that. But I make breakfast the same way I did at home. I eat a lot of sandwiches...(spelling?) Pretty much whatever I want. We buy pizza a lot. Thats hansens favorite food. 
8. The ward is great. Super small. Well actually, there are 650 members but only 120 come. They couldnt begin to compare with RC2. Its the best. EVER. Only Hansen and I are here. We like that. But I do wish there was another companionship in our appartment. That would be cool. 
9. Yes, we try and check our mail every day. As much as we can. I usually get the mail two days after you send it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment