Thursday, January 23, 2014

Y'all'a'momons???

**So this is just some emailing back and forth that we finally did on Tuesday. I didn't get an actual 'email' so I pieced this together. He sounds well.  He likes both his companion and the new area. 


Hello Beautiful woman! no, I couldn't. It was mlk Jr. day, and the library was closed. I only have two 55 min sessions and I have 27 left on the first one. I might come back later for the second session. I really hope you get this on your phone! I love you!!! I miss you SOOO much!

(I had asked several questions that he started to answer.)

ok. so, yes. its hot. My shirts look rank. before long theyre going to look as bad as Hansen's.
Something funny..we were walking last night and we saw two thug-ish men walking toward us. they yelled, "y'all'a'momons. huh?" We said ya. They said have a good two years and kept going. They were dressed like missionaries. Well. like someone who was trying to make fun of a missionary. White shirts, khaki pants, and buttons instead of tags. We were a little weirded out. We found out later that they were going around talking to people about the bible. It actually depressed me a ton. I got super angry. That wasn't really funny. ok...We were walking out of the apartment, it was really dark, when I heard something crawling up a tree. I just thought it was a squirrel, but it still scared me. (the squirrels here are really big.) So I looked over and screamed outloud. There was this GIANT rat climbing up the tree. Turns out it was a possum. (they're pretty much r.o.u.s.'s, though. disgusting.) I sat there and took pictures of it while shrum walked around trying not to cry and being freaked out about it. he has a phobia of rats, so the possum was super difficult or him. 
 
What do I eat? Well we eat Subway. The members only feed us about 2-3 times a week. if we're lucky. So we have to get ourselves stuff. I still make a lot of chicken and rice. And I eat 4 eggs every morning. With a small cup of cereal. I'm not eating as well as I'd like, but it's whatever. I'm losing weight. a bit. I'm trying to copy Shrum's diet. So I'll trim up even more from that.


It is the hardest. Mom, do you remember the hill going up to Lexi's house. That's my entire area. Its so hard. My legs are getting huge. My pants are tighter. I hate my phixie, but I'm going to deal with it. (*His bike is a 'Phixie'.)  Its better for me. Shrum and I live alone. President doesn't really like putting missionaries together. too much fun;)  Ya, it's a wealthy area. I  literally live 10 mins away from LA. I really, REALLY like this area, though. This is the only place that I've seen this whole time that I would actually want to live. It's like Herriman up higher on the hill and like a small version of slc at the bottom. But it's like the gaslamp and the district also. I really like it. I think I told you in the letter. We have a baptism. Kind of. Non-active family that has a 9 year old who wants to be dunked. Its still good, though. The area is REALLY picking up. Moving really quickly. BOY DID WE WORK last week. It was hard, and strange, but we hauled.
 
Tarzana. I lived in Reseda, but my area was Tarzana. Do I like the area more? Yes. But the Tarzana ward was the greatest thing on earth and I miss it a ton. I'm in the Burbank 2nd ward.

Well, I need to go. I love you. I miss you a ton!!!!!!! I would really like a letter from clayton. I really miss him. I miss all of you. I'll talk to you next week. BYe.
Elder sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment