Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Headed.... To a 'Bike' Area

Hey Sharp Fam!
 
This was an interesting week. I knew it was the last one with elder hansen, but I didnt really think I would be leaving Tarzana. I said I was and I tried to convice myself that I was so that I wouldnt be too depressed when it actually happened, but it didnt work. Im leaving, and I hate it. I got the call Saturday telling me that I was headed to a bike area. I really dont even care about that part. My legs are going to get huge, but thats about all that will change. Im just sad to be leaving. I really never thought I could learn to love a place so much. Learn to love a group of people. (The ward. Im still struggling to love the people here in the valley. I dont have a specific culture that I can learn to love. Its just like learning to love people. Just PEOPLE. Everyone. Thats why I am having such a hard time with it.) In my patriarchal blessing, it talks about how I will grow a love for the people here like I've never felt before. A love I've never known. I thought that was funny. One of my spiritual gifts is that of love (also in the blessing). I thought that I had loved in all the ways. Except for parent stuff. Obviously, I was really wrong. I truly love the ward. I was telling someone in my email, "its like leaving home all over again. Like leaving a giant group of your closest friends." Totally how I feel. I absolutely hate this.
 
And leaving Elder Hansen is hard too. I know I will see him again, a few times, but that is like leaving all of my brothers again. But not quite as bad. I love him, but it doesnt compare to my brothers. Its weird. I really have no time. I emailed a few people and I have less time than usual. Transfers are AWFUL!
 
We went on two different exchanges this week. One with the assistants and another with a trouble elder from the district. Some people.. It was rough. I loved going with Elder Wright, though. He's the AP from Coleville Utah. Such a good missionary! I love him! I learned so much about talking with everyone and really bearing your testimony when you talk with them. That is, with true doctrine.  It's the only way that we'll be able to bring the Spirit to people. Im sorry, Im super distracted.
 
I'll talk to you later. I have to go. I love you. I'll write you tomorrow from my new address and tell you what really happened this week.
Elder sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment